Nov 24, 2011

Jeffery Deaver – top 10 best books


I like Jeffery Deaver's novels for several reasons. The most important is: subject matter of each of his book is different, that's why I learn a lot on different fields of interest (e.g., how voltage works in "The burning wire" or details about the art of magic in "The Vanished Man"). 

The author firmly prepares to write each and every novel (I've read that Deaver spends about eight months on research before he starts to write!), so the background is always very detailed, and the plot – interesting and logical. I should also mention that he is a very good writer :). Dialogues in Jeffery Deaver's books are simply great and a pleasure to read!

I like the sudden action twists, used by Deaver all the time. Guessing who ultimately turns up to be the bad guy is fun for me. Therefore, friends who ask me what to take for a long plane flight or a train ride – I tell them: take Deaver!  

Why? Since the action is dynamic, with believable heroes, you still want to read further and further. Chapter after chapter, till you reach the end. What's why your travel will pass very fast :).

Below is a list of books which in my opinion are the best novels written by Jeffery Deaver:

1. The Coffin Dancer (see description)
2. The Cold Moon (see description)
3. The Broken Window (see description)
4. The Bone Collector (see description)
5. Edge (see description)
6. The Vanished Man (see description)
7. The Sleeping Doll (see description)
8. The Burning Wire - but read The Cold Moon first!  (see description)
9. The Empty Chair (see description)
10. The Bodies Left Behind (see description)

A small notice: I haven't read Roadside Crosses and Garden Of Beasts yet, so I can't say anything about them. But that titles are on my wish list – I hope I'll read them in near future :)

If you are looking for full Jeffery Deaver's bibliography – visit his website :).

What's your favorite Jeffery Deaver's novels? :)
And those of you who haven't read any book written by this author I encourage to do so. Check the Amazon website which books by Jeffery Deaver are available today.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite, no question, is Garden of Beasts! It is simply outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the bone collector alot

    ReplyDelete