Feb 8, 2013

Top 10 best books by Harlan Coben

Harlan Coben is - in my opinion - the master of unexpected twists and turns in the novels. This American author of thrillers often was able to surprise me with the story's ending what's why, if someone wants a great crime novel that sucks you in action from the first page, I recommend to read one of Coben's books.

Harlan Coben's work can be divided into three parts:

First one consists of a series in which the main character is Myron Bolitar - a former basketball player and sports agent in one person. He first appeared in the book Infamous in 1995.

Second - stand-alone novels.

Third - new young adult series with the nephew of Myron - Mickey. For the first time he appeared in the novel, Shelter in 2011.

I like Coben's books because of interesting characters, great dialogues and unexpected twists. It is impossible to be bored while reading his novels. I remember that I literally could not get away from reading Tell No One. Instead of going to sleep I sat most of the night, until I read the last page.

He has written more than twenty novels. I chose the books which in my opinion are the best novels by Harlan Coben. Below is a list:

1. Tell No One (see description)
2. Gone For Good (see description)
3. Deal Breaker (see description)
4. Fade Away (see description)
5. Promise Me (see description)
6. The Innocent (see description)
7. Back Spin (see description)
8. One False Move (see description)
9. Caught (see description)
10. Darkest Fear (see description)

What is your favorite novel written by Coben? :)

8 comments:

  1. Play Dead was fantastic. Talk about twists and turns. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woods was amazing! and also play dead should be on this list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play dead was one of the best books i have read in a long time..had me gripped from start to finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. the woods was just osm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE WOODS!!! can't believe it's not on this list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fool Me Once is my all time favorite though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It blows my mind that The Woods isnt on this list. That was my last book I read and I loved it. I have read The Stranger, Stay Close and Six Years, but Woods was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got 6 books- play dead, stay close, six years, just one look, no second chance, and gone for good. Which one do I read first?

    ReplyDelete