Dec 2, 2011

Top 10 best books by John Grisham

When I talk with someone about legal thrillers the first name that always comes up in the discussion is John Grisham. And no wonder. He is one of the most popular writers in the world!

What I like in Grisham's career is his determination  - he didn't get discouraged by the rejection of his first novel - A Time to Kill. It was rejected almost 30 times (!) before Wynwood Press decided to take the risk and publish a novel of an unknown author.

This is another example of a writer, who believed in his work and did not give up easily. As you can see, his hard work and determination paid off :). Up till now he has published over 25 titles! If someone does not know Grisham's biography, you can read it e.g. on Wikipedia.

Earlier I wrote about the ten best novels written by Deaver, this time here is my list of ten favourite and best novels by John Grisham.

One note: I didn't read all Grisham's book. When I'll have more free time - you know this explanation, don't you? :) - I'll definitely read The Street Lawyer, The Innocent Man, The Confession or The Chamber.

I have read about fifteen of his books and I choose ten novels, which I think anyone who wants to know John Grisham's talent should read. You can do it on the bus, train, airplane, in bed, lying on the beach or sitting in the comfortable chair :).

Here is my top ten:
1. The Firm (see description)
2. The Runaway Jury (see description)
3. A Time to Kill (see description)
4. The Pelican Brief (see description)
5. The King of Torts (see description)
6. The Rainmaker (see description)
7. The Client (see description)
8. The Testament (see description)
9. The Brethren (see description)
10. The Partner (see description)

The latest Grisham's book was publish in October - The Litigators (see description). If you know someone who loves Grisham - this is a good title for a Christmas gift! You can find other suggestions for presents in my previous post.

What are your favorite books by Grisham?

No comments:

Post a Comment